Spend 10 minutes a night with your little notebook. Sit down with the book and reflect on your day going backwards:
- I just had dinner
- I was driving home
- Before that I had a meeting with Mrs. X
- Rewind your day as if it was a videotape until you reach the morning when you got out of bed in the morning.
Do this process three times
- the first time you are going to ask yourself: what surprised me today? As soon as you find anything that answers that question, anything at all, you write it down briefly in your little book.
- Then you start your review again from the back asking yourself: what touched my heart today? As soon as you find anything that answers that question you write it down.
- Then you start your review again and ask this time: what inspired me today? As soon as you find something that answers that question you write it down.
Then you are done for the day.
Suggestion: look back at your day as if you were a novelist, a journalist or even poet. You need to look for the stories.
Source: “the art of living every minute of your life” by M.S. Rachel Naomi Remen M.D.