3 questions to transform your life…or so they say. I decided to check it out.
What surprised me today?
- I watched a conference about the new economy of knowledge, biomimetism and the blue economy with my son who is about to turn 10 and I was surprised that he was interested and asked a lot of questions. Who said that kids only cared about video games and social media? 🙂
- I was in the middle of some work of mine when suddendly I had an urge to check the time in relation to my son’s guitar lesson…which was about to start in a few minutes while my son was still outside playing. I felt like it was my intuition speaking to thank you Intuition!
- My wife came home early today, that was a nice surprise!
- I discovered a very interesting conference about the knowledge economy with Idriss Aberkane. Warning it’s in French, there are some other videos of Idriss in English available on Youtube if you’re interested.
- I started my day dropping my kids off to school and chatting with several parents. I had a nice feeling of being included, connected and even being the center of attention which is unusual to me and which usually makes feel uncomfortable but not this time. I welcomed this nice surprise and this nice change…wondering if it has anything to do with this 90 day happiness experience.
What touched my heart today?
- My daugther hugged me to thank me for listening to her: she did not want to read a Tintin book to practise her French and instead of forcing her, I just said “ok, let’s stop.” Big change for me, usually I insist and force things – my wife says I’m stubborn and wives are always right :-).
- My daughter had a swimming gala which I was fortunate to attend. When she finished, I gave her a great high five. I could see she was proud of herself, that felt great!
- One of my clients recommended to another person for my services. I thought that was very nice and I took it as a positive acknowledgement which felt great.
- Kissing my kids and my wife with full presence at the start of the day.
What inspired me?
- A deep sense of presence and openness that I felt in the morning.
- Teaching things to my kids and being listened to.
It feels like this experience has a very positive effect so far which is very surprising because it happened in such a short time. I feel more connected with myself…and therefore feel more connected with others…in other words more connected to life. Let’s see how things evolve with time.
Now to you:
- what surprised you today?
- what touched your heart?
- what inspired you today?
Feel free to share in the comments below
What surprised me?
- I was surprised how nice it was to just sit outside, do nothing in my garden. I usually prefer to stay inside and work on something at my desk. At the end of the day, I usually feel some cabin fever growing inside of me. You would think that I would remember to go outside the next day to oxygenate my brain well no, I’m so focused on work that I don’t take the time to go out. So for once, I broke my routine and got a nice surprise.
- We went to a Greek restaurant with my family and we had amazing service thanks to an amazing waiter. We ask him to turn down the music, in a few minutes it was done. Our order was a bit late, he proactively apologized and when our glass of water would get empty, he was there to fill them back up. It is not so much what he did as to how he did: you could sense he truly enjoyed what he was doing and he was fully dedicated to it. We felt like we were in good hands and it made our experience in this restaurant much more enjoyable. I even walked out of the restaurant leaving my phone on the table, he ran after me to bring it back to me. Needless to say that he got a good tip from us. Could it be what some call the law of attraction?
What touched my heart?
- The smile of a stranger and the beauty that emanated from it. Sometimes it feels good to see someone smiling genuinely, it raises up your spirit and encourage you to do the same: smile! It’s funny because I don’t usually notice this type of this. Could this be linked to this happiness experimentation? It also gave me the impression that I was connected to this stranger and it felt good.
- My daughter Rose acknowledged me as being a “playful Daddy”. I love games since I was a child, I enjoy them because it is an opportunity to step out of serious adulthood. Anyway, it was funny and unexpected to be acknowledged by my daughter like that. It touched me that she knew a part of my true self.
What inspired me?
- I am noticing it is more difficult for me to find something to be inspired about during my day. What came to mind is the beauty of my garden and in particular the beautiful green color of my grass. As if this natural beauty spoke to me in ways I’m not aware of.
This website is not about me, it is about the simple things in our every day life that makes life magic, that makes life worth living. It is an invitation to share your happiness. So what surprised you today or yesterday? What touched your heart? What inspired you? Please share in the comments below so others can be surprised, touched and inspired by your every day happiness experiences.