3 questions to transform your life…or so they say. I decided to check it out.
What surprised me today?
- I watched a conference about the new economy of knowledge, biomimetism and the blue economy with my son who is about to turn 10 and I was surprised that he was interested and asked a lot of questions. Who said that kids only cared about video games and social media? 🙂
- I was in the middle of some work of mine when suddendly I had an urge to check the time in relation to my son’s guitar lesson…which was about to start in a few minutes while my son was still outside playing. I felt like it was my intuition speaking to thank you Intuition!
- My wife came home early today, that was a nice surprise!
- I discovered a very interesting conference about the knowledge economy with Idriss Aberkane. Warning it’s in French, there are some other videos of Idriss in English available on Youtube if you’re interested.
- I started my day dropping my kids off to school and chatting with several parents. I had a nice feeling of being included, connected and even being the center of attention which is unusual to me and which usually makes feel uncomfortable but not this time. I welcomed this nice surprise and this nice change…wondering if it has anything to do with this 90 day happiness experience.
What touched my heart today?
- My daugther hugged me to thank me for listening to her: she did not want to read a Tintin book to practise her French and instead of forcing her, I just said “ok, let’s stop.” Big change for me, usually I insist and force things – my wife says I’m stubborn and wives are always right :-).
- My daughter had a swimming gala which I was fortunate to attend. When she finished, I gave her a great high five. I could see she was proud of herself, that felt great!
- One of my clients recommended to another person for my services. I thought that was very nice and I took it as a positive acknowledgement which felt great.
- Kissing my kids and my wife with full presence at the start of the day.
What inspired me?
- A deep sense of presence and openness that I felt in the morning.
- Teaching things to my kids and being listened to.
It feels like this experience has a very positive effect so far which is very surprising because it happened in such a short time. I feel more connected with myself…and therefore feel more connected with others…in other words more connected to life. Let’s see how things evolve with time.
Now to you:
- what surprised you today?
- what touched your heart?
- what inspired you today?
Feel free to share in the comments below
This website in a nutshell: it is quite obvious that “what you focus on, grows”. I’m someone quite anxious and to step out of this anxiety, I decided to start this blog to refocus on what is great about my day by asking myself 3 simple questions: what surprised you today? what touched you heart today? what inspired you today? Neuroscience says it takes 90 days to rewire your brain so I’m curious to know what changes, if any, will happen to my life at the end of these 90 days. If you were to answer these questions, what would you say? Please share your comments below and share your happiness for others…you will make my day :-).
These are not the meat balls I ate but they just look alike…
What surprised me today?
- My wife invited me to lay down with her on our couch. It was nice to take a break and lay down next to her and just be with her 🙂
- We had meatballs for dinner and they were utterly delicious!!!
- My son who is 9 and my daughter who is 7 participated in a boxing class for kids. It was so cute to see them boxing against the punching ball, fragile as they were and yet determined to punch this thing.
- I had a great green tea. Usually I don’t pay attention to the taste of what I drink – with the exception of wine even though I’m not a big drinker – but this time it was different. It was a if I discovered green tea for the first time. The taste was amazing and surprisingly not bitter at all.
- I received an email: one coaching client decided to stop her sessions because she reached her personal goal sooner than expected. This could have triggered my ego “this is not ok that she leaves the coaching relationship after just two months working together” “have I done something wrong?” “she says she is very happy with the coaching, is she telling the truth?”. In fact this is not what happened. First I was happy for her and second I remained very “zen” as if this situation was to be expected. It was a good surprise to me.
What touched my heart?
- Our dog had a surgery. Nothing major, the surgery went great. However after the operation, she looked a bit sad when usually she is very happy. The vet put a cone around her head so that she would not lick herself. She had those big puppy eyes that really touched. As I am writing this post a few days after the event, I can testify that Coco, is her name, is back to normal full of joy…she just jumped on my keyboard a few seconds ago as if she wanted to participate to this blog post… 🙂
What inspired me?
- I don’t know why but I could not find something that inspired me today. Let’s see what will happen next day.
This website is not about me, it is about the simple things in our every day life that makes life magic, that makes life worth living. It is an invitation to share your happiness. So what surprised you today or yesterday? What touched your heart? What inspired you? Please share in the comments below so others can be surprised, touched and inspired by your every day happiness experiences. Let’s share and spread happiness!
Sit in silence and see what happens…
During the day or at night, preferably in nature if you have a garden or a park close by, spend 3 minutes or more in silence.
- Just sit there,
- Listen to the sounds,
- Watch what you see,
- Feel what you feel,
- Accept that you don’t know what is going to happen,
- Let go and relax,
- Focus on your body senses so that your rambling mind recedes in the back,
- Open up and welcome the present moment.
The trick is to spend this time with no expectation, no intention just for the pleasure of being present without having anything to do nor to think about.
After a little while, this technic is supposed to create space within so you can connect to your deeper self and let your deepest desires, your purpose, your life mission emerge from within.