3 questions to transform your life…or so they say. I decided to check it out.
What surprised me today?
- I watched a conference about the new economy of knowledge, biomimetism and the blue economy with my son who is about to turn 10 and I was surprised that he was interested and asked a lot of questions. Who said that kids only cared about video games and social media? 🙂
- I was in the middle of some work of mine when suddendly I had an urge to check the time in relation to my son’s guitar lesson…which was about to start in a few minutes while my son was still outside playing. I felt like it was my intuition speaking to thank you Intuition!
- My wife came home early today, that was a nice surprise!
- I discovered a very interesting conference about the knowledge economy with Idriss Aberkane. Warning it’s in French, there are some other videos of Idriss in English available on Youtube if you’re interested.
- I started my day dropping my kids off to school and chatting with several parents. I had a nice feeling of being included, connected and even being the center of attention which is unusual to me and which usually makes feel uncomfortable but not this time. I welcomed this nice surprise and this nice change…wondering if it has anything to do with this 90 day happiness experience.
What touched my heart today?
- My daugther hugged me to thank me for listening to her: she did not want to read a Tintin book to practise her French and instead of forcing her, I just said “ok, let’s stop.” Big change for me, usually I insist and force things – my wife says I’m stubborn and wives are always right :-).
- My daughter had a swimming gala which I was fortunate to attend. When she finished, I gave her a great high five. I could see she was proud of herself, that felt great!
- One of my clients recommended to another person for my services. I thought that was very nice and I took it as a positive acknowledgement which felt great.
- Kissing my kids and my wife with full presence at the start of the day.
What inspired me?
- A deep sense of presence and openness that I felt in the morning.
- Teaching things to my kids and being listened to.
It feels like this experience has a very positive effect so far which is very surprising because it happened in such a short time. I feel more connected with myself…and therefore feel more connected with others…in other words more connected to life. Let’s see how things evolve with time.
Now to you:
- what surprised you today?
- what touched your heart?
- what inspired you today?
Feel free to share in the comments below
3 simple questions: what surprised you today? what touched you heart today? what inspired you today? to rewire your brain over 90 days from blah to happy or so neuroscience says. I decided to find out and share this experiment hence this blog.
What surprised me today (going backwards in the day, from evening to morning)?
- A cute beetle jumps on my shirt as I’m sitting outside looking at the stars and listening to the noises of the night (one of my favorites things to do).
- My wife being nice to me. Her only presence around me is enough to make the evening special as it was the case that night. I’m a lucky guy to have such an amazing woman as my wife.
- A great talk with my brother over the phone. We have very different philosophies on life so we usually don’t see eye to eye…which is a shame as I’d like to feel closer but I guess that is life. We are just born different and that is why our nice chat was a nice surprise.
- A great seabream for dinner…hmmm….yes, I am a foodie 🙂
- I was very productive as I was working on some administrative paperwork which is not usually my “forte”. What made it productive is that I had a limited time to accomplish a set of tasks so that helped me to be focused. Some people call this the Parkinson law and it seems to work very well.
- I took time for myself and did things I enjoy instead of things I should be doing. It felt great not only to put myself first but also to step out of the routine, step out of pressure into pleasure.
- I had an important meeting this morning with a client this morning. It got postponed and it was a blessing in disguise as I woke up highly stressed and had some face allergy. It may sound weird but I sometimes feel like the universe manages my agenda. 😉
What touched my heart today?
- My dog barking. Usually it upsets me but this time I’m happy she does as it means she is fully recovered from her surgery.
- I took my daugther to her first ballet lesson. She was so cute with her tutu skirt and she impressed me with her self-confidence. All Dads having a daughter will understand what I’m talking about here.
- As I was waiting to pick up my kids from school, I had nice conversations with the other parents. It was not like usual, people seemed very happy to be here and happy to talk to me. It felt nice. For the second of the day (see below), I had a very nice connection with those people I’m not close with.
- I went grocery shopping today and as I was waiting for my turn to check out I was watching a security guard being playful and smiling at a kid. He then saw me and smiled, I smiled back. This was a furtive and yet intense moment of complicity and connexion with a stranger. This is new to me. I really liked that.
- When I returned home, my dog doing her happy dance as I walk in. You should see that: pure joy! She makes my day.
What inspired me today?
- A sense of a deep connection with the present moment, with all the people driving around in their cars in the same direction as I do. It was as if I was looking from above at the situation and looking at the deeper meaning of the scenery. It is hard to put in words how it felt.
- At some other time in the day, I felt very grateful for all these people around me whom I don’t know and yet who make the world a unique place to be and the human experience worth living. I surprised myself to think of the day where all of this will end and thinking that I will miss it; I will miss the magic of the magic of this world.
I’m four days into this experiment and this was a very surprising day on many levels for me. What describes it best is a sense of deep connection beyond the routine of the day. I’m not sure how this “3 questions ” experiment works in detail but there seems to be some changes inside of me at a deep level. It gives strength to go on and makes me curious about what is to come next!
Feel free to share what surprised you today, what touched your heart or what inspired you in the comments below to inspire others and spread happiness!
A special thank for all who started to follow this blog. I’m new to this so if you have any suggestion on how to improve this blog, I’d be happy to receive your suggestions.